- Facilitator Trainings: The first step in becoming a part of our Community of Practice is attending a two-day training. Along with hands-on art experiences, topics covered include creating a Window of Time, using a trauma-informed approach and learning the logistics of being a Facilitator.
- Facilitator Enrichment Trainings: Facilitator Enrichment Trainings are offered locally in the Los Angeles area four times a year, at no cost to attendees. These trainings are an opportunity for facilitators to gather to share best practices, to learn more about each other and to gain additional competency for implementing Windows workshops. These sessions are hands-on opportunities to learn new skills and practice self-care.
- Funding: Each year, actively reporting partner agencies can apply for a $500 art supply grant to purchase art supplies for facilitating art workshops.
- We also provide art supply suggestions and exclusive discounts through an online art supply store.
- Curriculum: Active facilitators have access to a searchable database of over 500 transformative arts workshops organized by theme, age, art supplies needed and other categories.
- Monthly Facilitator Updates: These email newsletters share insights, innovations, highlight stories, new workshops, and special opportunities for all Facilitators.
- AWBW staff offer regular phone and email check-ins to discuss specific successes, challenges and new ideas with individual facilitators.
- AWBW offers event planning resources, consultation, and funding opportunities for programs holding community outreach events, awareness campaigns and art exhibitions.
If you have additional questions about the support offered to program partners, please email [email protected] or call 310-396-0317.