Applications Due: Friday, September 1 by 3pm, PDT
Phone Interviews: Week of September 5-8 (We will contact you.)
Notifications: Monday, September 11
The Windows Leadership Training prepares key personnel* from human service agencies and community-based programs to facilitate creative art workshops with children and youth impacted by trauma, violence and abuse.
The 2-day training provides an in-depth experiential learning opportunity that is often a very moving and profound experience. After the training, AWBW supports new Leaders through monthly Leaders Updates, art supply and exhibit funding, personalized consultation and 24/7 access to online support including access to our curriculum of more than 200 children, youth and family art workshops.
Training participants learn how to:
- Use art workshops and visualization techniques as an empowerment tool for children and youth.
- Create a safe and healthy release for children and youth through art.
- Build safety and closure into art workshops.
- Create opportunities for families to build communication and trust using art workshops.
- Use your art program to generate community awareness and support for your agency.
*No previous experience necessary