The Windows Leadership Training prepares key personnel* from human service agencies and community-based programs to facilitate creative art workshops with individuals and communities affected by trauma, violence and abuse.
The 2-day training provides an in-depth experiential learning opportunity that is often a very moving a profound experience. After the training, AWBW supports new Leaders through monthly Leaders Updates, art supply and exhibit funding, personalized consultation and 24/7 access to online support including access to our curriculum of over 250 adult and family art workshops.
Training participants learn how to:
- Use the art process to build emotional safety through empowerment and connection.
- Facilitate trauma-informed visual art workshops and embodied healing techniques.
- Create opportunities for families to build communication and trust using art workshops.
- Use strengths-based art interventions that cultivate resilience and hope.
- Use your art program to generate community awareness and support for your agency.
*No previous experience necessary
AWBW offers Continuing Education Credits: Course meets the qualifications for 12 hours of continuing education credit for MFTs, LPCCs, LEPs, and/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Registration forms with scholarship applications are due 9/16/2016